My ethical charter
I abide by the Codes of Ethics set out by the Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK, the UK Council for Psychotherapy and the British Psychological Society.
These ethical codes include:
- operating in the best interest of clients and their autonomy
- respect for diversity and equality
- adhering to the highest standards of privacy and confidentiality
- maintaining awareness of and working within national legal frameworks
- upholding personal and professional integrity through ethical conduct
- openness and honesty around knowledge, skills and experience
- clear communication and notification to clients
- obtaining client consent to treatment
- keeping records according to Data Protection laws
- holding appropriate insurance
I offer a free 50-minute consultation, assessment and client-therapist agreement prior to beginning work together. After this, my fees are £45 per ‘50-minute hour’, however this can be reduced for clients or organisations experiencing financial difficulties.