If you are feeling very unwell and need out-of-hours assistance you can utilise the helplines below:
- The Sanctuary: 0300 003 7029 – 24 hour crisis support line for adults.
- Samaritans: 116 123 (free to call). Open 24 hours a day.
- Saneline: 0300 304 7000. Open 4.30pm – 10.30pm every day.
In case of emergency if there is a risk of harm to self or others please contact the following:
- Your GP
- Go to the nearest Accident & Emergency hospital department
- Call 999 and ask for an ambulance
Parsons, A. S. & Dubrow-Marshall, L. (2018). ‘Putting themselves out there’ into the unknown: Dance movement psychotherapy as perceived by five educators and three pupils. Body, Movement and Dance in Psychotherapy, DOI: 10.1080/17432979.2018.1508073
Parsons, A.S., Omylinska-Thurston, J., Karkou, V., Harlow, J., Haslam, S., Hobson, J., Nair, K., Dubrow-Marshall, L., Thurston, S. & Griffin, J. (in preparation). Arts for the Blues – A New Creative Psychological Therapy for Depression. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling.
Haslam, S., Parsons, A.S., Omylinska-Thurston, J., Nair, K., Harlow, J., Lewis, J., Thurston, S., Griffin, J., Dubrow-Marshall, L. & Karkou, V., (in preparation). Arts for the Blues – A New Creative Psychological Therapy for Depression: Pilot Workshop Report. Perspectives in Public Health.
Parsons, A. S. & Dubrow-Marshall, L. (in preparation). ‘I’m able to put my thoughts into picturing them physically’ – Phenomenological experiences of Dance Movement Psychotherapy in a Secondary School: Unexpected Empowerment over External Contingency. The Arts in Psychotherapy.
Parsons, A.S., Omylinska-Thurston, J., Karkou, V., Harlow, J., Haslam, S., Hobson, J., Nair, K., Dubrow-Marshall, L., Thurston, S. & Griffin, J. (2018). Dancing the Blues – A New Creative Psychological Therapy for Depression: Pilot workshop. ArtsEqual/Festival of Ideas, 12th June, 2018 at Edge Hill University.
Parsons, A. S. & Whelen, L. (2014). An Exploratory Pilot Investigation to Determine How Individual Traits, Screen-Watching and Nutrition Knowledge Predict Overeating in University Students. British Psychological Society Annual Conference.
Links to organisations and further reading
- Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK
- UKCP Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College
- British Psychological Society
- Psychology Today – What is Dance/Movement Therapy?
- The Conversation – What is Dance Movement Psychotherapy?
- Mind-body therapies
- Creative Therapies for Complex Trauma
- Mindfulness and The Arts Therapies